With measures against the pandemic becoming more effective every day, the idea of travel is slowly reentering people’s minds. If you plan on leaving on an extended trip, Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte wants to make sure it won’t interfere with any dental needs. This is why we have provided the following list of tips for maintaining your smile while you’re away:
- Preventive checkup: Seeing your dentist prior to leaving on long vacations is smart, especially if you plan on visiting developing areas without good dental care options. This quick check-up will help ensure your mouth is ready to travel.
- Rescheduling upcoming procedures: If you have any dental procedures scheduled before you leave, talk to your dentist about whether it would be smart to reschedule them. Many dental procedures are actually surgical procedures. This means that your body will need more time to heal than you may realize.
- Changes in cabin pressure: When traveling by plane, changes in the cabin pressure may cause tooth pain or discomfort in patients who have just had oral surgery.
- Travel-sized toiletries: We recommend packing a travel toothbrush, for brushing after in-flight or roadside meals, as well as a primary toothbrush, for more permanent sections of your trip like hotels or houses. You should also include mouthwash, dental floss, and any other tools you use to maintain your smile.
- Follow-Up Appointments: Make sure you are aware of any necessary follow-up appointments with your dentist or orthodontist before you schedule a vacation, so you don’t miss them while you’re away.
At Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte, we provide quality cosmetic and general dentistry. Patients come to us from Cotswold, South Park, Myers Park, 28270, 28210, and 28262. Contact us to schedule your appointment today!
Contact Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte – Dr. Christopher A. Bowman:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):