Denture Implants And Dental Bridge Options In Charlotte
At Advanced Dental Care of Charlotte we offer premium, permanent dentures using denture implants to our Myers Park – Dilworth area patients who are missing all or many of their teeth. We also offer permanent bridges that are anchored with durable denture implants for those who are missing one or more teeth.
You might be familiar with traditional dentures of the past, dentures that slip and clack, and even in some cases decrease the ability to eat and speak. Thankfully with permanent dentures, these terrible side effects are a thing of the past.
Permanent dentures or bridges are different from traditional dentures or bridges because they are anchored comfortably and securely to your jawbone. Permanent dentures and bridges work a bit like this:
- A tooth implant is a special alloy rod that acts quite a lot like a tooth root, because it provides support to your jawbone. On top of that, it creates an anchoring point for a single tooth replacement, permanent dentures, or permanent bridges.
- The first step in creating permanent dentures and permanent bridges, is to place the denture implants necessary to support the new dental device.
- Once the healing process is complete, Dr. Bowman and our team will carefully place your new permanent dentures, or permanent bridge. These devices are anchored to the denture implants, making it so they are secure (you won’t have to worry about slippage again), comfortable (with permanent dentures clicking and clacking are a thing of the past), and well, permanent.
Dental Implants vs. Bridges In Charlotte
For many years, one of the best options to replace multiple missing teeth (or even a single tooth) has been getting a dental bridge. A dental bridge works a bit like a real bridge does – it bridges the gap between teeth that have missing teeth in between them. This is usually achieved by carefully reshaping the teeth on either side, and then attaching the bridge to the teeth.
Although this has been a wonderful option for many years to replace missing teeth and to shore up a flagging smile, now there is an even better option available in Charlotte – dental implants. A dental implant is a special alloy rod that is anchored into the jaw, which acts as a place for mounting a dental device, such as multiple tooth replacement device or single tooth crown. This has a number of advantages over a traditional dental bridge because:
- Dental implants are placed in the jaw, and in most cases don’t require teeth to be reshaped. With a traditional bridge, the two teeth on both sides of the gap (which could be perfectly healthy teeth) are reshaped in order to accommodate and support the dental bridge.
- Because dental implants do not rely on the teeth around them for support, they help your mouth stay healthier.
- Dental implants also help your jaw to stay healthier and stronger because they provide additional support for your remaining bone structure.
Implant Dentures vs. Dentures
In the past, traditional dentures were the best option for helping someone who was missing all, or most of their teeth. Unfortunately, traditional dentures have a number of drawbacks, including:
- Sores and discomfort
- Decreasing ability to taste food well
- Decreasing ability to speak
dentures, implant dentures are designed to be a permanent solution to tooth loss. In fact, implant dentures are made to be permanent dentures, period. Some of the benefits of having an implant supported denture include:
- Permanence – Implant supported dentures are anchored to dental implants that are anchored to your jaw. This makes it so there is no risk of slippage, and it should not cause sores and discomfort like traditional dentures.
- Application – In many cases, traditional dentures can cover the palate, making it harder to speak and even taste. Implant dentures eliminate the need to cover the palate, and can make eating and speaking more pleasant than traditional dentures.
- Stability – Because implant dentures are anchored to your jaw, you don’t have to worry about them de-stabilizing or clicking when using them.
Permanent dentures and permanent bridges are a wonderful solution for replacing teeth, or older traditional dentures and bridges. Our team is thrilled to be able to provide these excellent dental treatments to our patients who need and desire them.
Do you have questions about permanent dentures, permanent bridges, or denture implants in Charlotte? Contact us today, we’re ready to help you get the answers you need if you are in Myers Park or Charlotte!