1. Which of the following are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
2. Which of the following are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that seem to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bleeding gums
d. Inflamed gums
3. Which of the following are possible health concerns linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of men and women age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following procedures are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t see any symptoms.
Hi, I’m Dr. Bowman of Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte – Dr. Christopher A. Bowman in Charlotte. Gum disease usually responds successfully to treatment—especially if caught early. If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, or have been noticing dilemmas with your gums or teeth, I invite you to call 704-337-8070 today to schedule an appointment.