Are you one of the many Charlotte men and women who has had a tooth extracted? If the tooth was constantly bothering you, it may have been a relief. Unless, of course, the tooth was in the front of your mouth and now the gaping hole shows every time you smile. Ignoring it is impossible because your tongue can’t leave it alone. That’s why many patients are turning to cosmetic dentistry to replace a missing tooth in Charlotte.
Replacing a Missing Tooth in Charlotte
Once the tooth has been pulled, you have many important decisions to make. Is a dental bridge cost-effective? Do I want to damage two healthy teeth to anchor the bridge? Should I pick a partial denture? What about bone loss?
What if you could have a fresh start? What if you could have a permanent, natural-looking tooth replacement that would restore your smile and retain the healthy bone and gum tissue around the tooth root? If you pick a dental implant, you can. A dental implant is a permanent replacement for a missing tooth in Charlotte. It consists of three parts, the titanium post, the abutment, and the restoration.
The Titanium Post
- Inserted directly into the jaw bone
- Extremely strong
- Titanium is unique in that it bonds with living bone tissue (also used in knee and hip replacement surgery)
- Can be made of gold, porcelain or titanium
- Permanently attached to the post
- It will not slip and slide like dentures
The Restoration (Crown)
- Usually made of porcelain fused to a metal alloy (PFM)
- Is made to match the color of surrounding teeth
- Will look as good or better than the tooth it replaced
Dental implant surgery is not an experimental treatment. The unprecedented materials and techniques have been tested and refined for several decades. Moreover, it has been performed by Charlotte dentists for over twenty-five years. To schedule a dental implant consultation for your missing tooth in Charlotte, call 704-337-8070.