For thousands of years, dentures have been allowing people to chew foods harder than mashed bananas and flash some teeth when they smile. However, Charlotte denture wearers also know how unstable, irritating, embarrassing, and inconvenient they can be. Now, denture wearers have an amazing new tooth replacement option. Dental implants in Charlotte provide the total package, so to speak. An implant replaces the visible part of the tooth and—this is key—also the root.
Dental implants in Charlotte consists of a super-strong titanium post that is anchored directly into the jawbone. An abutment is then attached to the post. Finally, a crown or denture is attached to the abutment. Dental implants in Charlotte provide the following benefits:
- Stability – Implants don’t move around in your mouth. This permits normal chewing, swallowing, and speech.
- Bone Retention – The post prevents the bone loss that almost always occurs after a tooth is extracted
- Dental implants prevent jaw muscle dysfunction that can occur when remaining teeth are forced to compensate for missing teeth
- Dental implants prevent gum irritation
- No need for denture relines
- No denture adhesive needed because they are anchored in your jawbone just like natural teeth!
Local patients with one or two missing teeth can replace each missing tooth with a permanent implant. Dental patients with significant tooth loss are usually best served with an implant-anchored denture.
Schedule an Appointment
If you want more information about dental implant costs in Charlotte or cosmetic dental financing, call Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte – Dr. Christopher A. Bowman at 704-337-8070 . Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte – Dr. Christopher A. Bowman is a full-service general and cosmetic dental practice dedicated to preventative dental care. We offer dental implants, smile makeovers, sedation dentistry, and restorative dentistry.