If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your smile, it is essential to examine the differences between a dental bridge and a permanent dental implant, two of the restorative dentistry procedures available at Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations. However, they have some drawbacks:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem—the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not guard against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a dental implant have key improvements over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will curtail the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They usually last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
Dental implants are state-of-the-art in tooth replacement at Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte. Patients from Myers Park, Cotswold, and South Park come here for implants, bridges, and other restorative dentistry procedures. Call today!
Contact Advanced Dentistry of Charlotte – Dr. Christopher A. Bowman:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):