Quality Tooth Crown Procedures in Charlotte
Having a beautiful smile can be a huge confidence builder. Having a healthy smile can be pretty awesome, too. If you have a tooth or teeth that are keeping you from having a beautiful, healthy smile, dental crowns may be the solution just a short drive from Ballantyne.
When are dental crowns a good option?
- If you have a tooth that is misshapen, a tooth crown can replace that with a custom made tooth that looks natural.
- If you are at risk of losing teeth due to decay or have had an extensive amount of dental work on a single tooth placing dental crowns, also known as a cap for teeth, on each damaged tooth, is an excellent solution.
- If you have a discolored tooth, a tooth crown can brighten your smile.
- If you have broken, chipped, cracked or damaged teeth, dental crowns are an excellent fix.
- If you are getting dental implants to replace missing teeth, they can be topped with dental crowns to look absolutely natural.
- If you are getting a dental bridge, dentures or partial dentures, all of these can be attached to dental crowns.
What are Dental Crowns?
A tooth crown is a cap for teeth. Teeth caps can be placed over the damaged tooth or dental implant. To get a dental crown, or cap for teeth, that is perfectly sized for your smile, your Charlotte dentist, Dr. Bowman, will make a mold for your teeth. The mold and all other specifications required for the tooth crown will then be sent to a lab. This way the teeth caps will look and feel like a natural tooth. The teeth caps, or tooth crown, is also easy to care for. A tooth crown requires no special care to maintain dental health–simply brush and floss as you normally would and visit your dentist near Myers Park regularly.
If you are looking for a way to get a beautiful, healthy smile, call our Charlotte dentist office today and ask about dental crowns or schedule an appointment! Dr. Bowman works with patients from all over the Ballantyne – Myers Park area, so don’t wait!