Quality Tooth Crown Procedures in Charlotte
Having a beautiful smile can be a huge confidence builder. Having a healthy smile can be pretty awesome, too. If you have a tooth or teeth that are keeping you from having a beautiful, healthy smile, dental crowns may be the solution just a short drive from Ballantyne.
What are Dental Crowns?
A tooth crown is a cap for teeth. Teeth caps can be placed over the damaged tooth or dental implant. To get a dental crown, or cap for teeth, that is perfectly sized for your smile, your Charlotte dentist, Dr. Bowman, will make a mold for your teeth. The mold and all other specifications required for the tooth crown will then be sent to a lab. This way the teeth caps will look and feel like a natural tooth. The teeth caps, or tooth crown, is also easy to care for. A tooth crown requires no special care to maintain dental health–simply brush and floss as you normally would and visit your dentist near Myers Park regularly.
When are dental crowns a good option?
- If you have a tooth that is misshapen, a tooth crown can replace that with a custom made tooth that looks natural.
- If you are at risk of losing teeth due to decay or have had an extensive amount of dental work on a single tooth placing dental crowns, also known as a cap for teeth, on each damaged tooth, is an excellent solution.
- If you have a discolored tooth, a tooth crown can brighten your smile.
- If you have broken, chipped, cracked or damaged teeth, dental crowns are an excellent fix.
- If you are getting dental implants to replace missing teeth, they can be topped with dental crowns to look absolutely natural.
- If you are getting a dental bridge, dentures or partial dentures, all of these can be attached to dental crowns.
If you are in need of dental crowns, we invite you to come to our Charlotte office to see the difference dental crowns can make. Dr. Bowman works with patients from all over, including Ballantyne and Myers Park, so don’t wait!
To start moving towards a beautiful, healthy smile, call our Charlotte dentist office today and ask about dental crowns or schedule an appointment! We are happy to answer your tooth crown questions and show you before and after pictures of actual dental crown patients of Dr. Bowman as well.